Oxygen8 Group is a global technology provider of multi-channel solutions with offices in 11 countries, operations in over 32 countries and a turnover in excess of £100million. Working in partnership with its clients, Oxygen8 enables businesses to drive new revenue streams, improve customer communication, build brand awareness and increase customer loyalty.
Headquartered in Birmingham UK, Oxygen8 also has offices in Ireland, Australia, USA, South Africa, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Caribbean and Singapore. Clients include mobile networks, newspaper groups, radio and television stations, major high street retailers and banks. As a global business, Oxygen8 has the infrastructure, technical skills and depth of resource to take new products to market quickly and easily, whilst still giving clients the benefit of 'on-the-ground' local knowledge and support.
The Oxygen8 management team draws on many years of experience and expertise, having been at the forefront of the mobile marketing industry since its inception. Oxygen8 is fully compliant with the latest industry regulations and standards, providing customers with complete confidence that the company is leading the way in best practice for the industry.
Each year we invest millions of pounds in research and development. That’s reassuring. Reassuring because, last year we’ll already have secured next year’s licences. Last year we’ll have built next year’s products. You get tomorrow’s next generation services today. That is why we’re proud to be a global leader.
Proud to have the infrastructure, technical skills and depth of resource to take new products to market quickly and easily. We remain committed to delivering game-changing new technologies. No other provider has the capability to create bespoke channel engagement, voice and payments solutions – this is multi-channel solutions. Anything else is just a platform.
Put simply, we are passionate about excellence. Customer excellence, supplier excellence, partner excellence, systems… everything. We take great pride when customers choose us, our management team make on-boarding as smooth as possible going to exceptional levels of detail.
Our managed services drill deeply into your heartland challenges to create the best working relationships, understand & improve performance to ensure success and ROI. As an enterprise level technology provider your performance is our reputation. From compliance, regulations, customer care to our systems’ robustness and resilience… all our back-stage brilliance is core to your success.
Everyone these days talks about integration. One of our core beliefs is that teams are integrated. Ours teams truly are connected. Expert minds focused on your business. We actively encourage and employ cross function working.
We purposefully position different types of thinkers from different teams to look at your business challenges. Technical minds, marketing minds, payments minds… why? Because fresh minds bring more ideas and solutions to the table. That’s refreshing, isn’t it?
That’s why our customers stay with us.
That is customer care.
Our awards recognise our commitment to technical expertise, service provision and results. Delivering the highest quality service to our customers is integral to our reputation within the industry.
Our strategic partnerships enable you to benefit from a world class networks and knowledge base.
As a business, we are proud to be members of many Trade Associations. Individually, many of the senior management team are actively influencing strategy and thought leadership through stakeholder engagement across many, many councils and panels.
Corporate Social Responsibility
ANTI SLAVERY POLICY
This statement sets out the steps that Oxygen 8 Communications Limited has undertaken, and is continuing to take, to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.
Oxygen 8 Communications Limited has a zero-tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery.
We are committed to acting in an ethical manner, with integrity and transparency in all business dealings. We are committed to creating effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain and impose those same high standards on our contractors, suppliers and other business partners.
COMPANY STRUCTURE AND SUPPLY CHAINS
Oxygen8 Communications Limited provides mobile and e-commerce solutions to businesses. The Group has a global turnover of approximately £100 Million Oxygen 8 Communications Limited, employing over 200 employees globally and with operating offices in the UK, Ireland, Australia, South Africa, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Mozambique.
As such, Oxygen8 Communications Limited, has a diverse supply chain and we procure goods and services globally. We work with different suppliers, contractors and subcontractors as well as partners. Some of these relationships are parochial whilst others are multi-national in their nature.
We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
- Anti-slavery guidance. Oxygen 8 Communications Limited stance on modern slavery, it explains how employees can identify any instances of this and where they can go for help.
- Oxygen 8 Communications Limited recruitment process confirms that eligibility to work in the UK checks are conducted on all employee, including but not limited to checking an original passport, birth certificate or other qualifying documentation.
- Whistleblowing policy. This ensures all employees know they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
- Code of good business practice. This code explains the manner in which we behave as an organisation and how we expect our employees to act.
DUE DILIGENCE PROCESSES
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk, we:
- Operate strict procurement processes, requiring suppliers to comply with all applicable laws and standards, including those which relate to the Modern Slavery Act;
- Base our tender documents on the government standard selection questionnaire (SSQ) with specific questions in the ITT response around the Modern Slavery Act and compliance with it;
- Expect our suppliers to have suitable policies and processes in place within their own businesses to prevent child labour, modern slavery and human trafficking and to cascade those policies to their own suppliers;
- Undertake a continuous review of assurance information from existing suppliers and partners and follow up where relevant;
- Have included a specific item relating to the Modern Slavery Act in the agenda of the contract management meetings with suppliers enabling us to be kept informed of and monitor any changes;
- Include appropriate terms in our contractual documentation with suppliers:
- obliging suppliers and their contractors, suppliers and employees to comply with the Modern Slavery Act;
- reserving the right for Oxygen8 Communications Limited to audit suppliers and their contractors, where we consider it appropriate;
- obliging suppliers to report to us if they are aware of or suspect slavery or human trafficking in a supply chain connected to any Oxygen8 Communications Limited contracts;
- Reserving the right for us to terminate the contract at any time should any instances of modern slavery come to light.
- The Procurement Team follow the advice and guidance in relation to the Modern Slavery Act set out in the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) code of professional conduct.
The above procedures are designed to:
- Identify and assess potential risk areas in our business and supply chains.
- Reduce the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our business and supply chains.
- Monitor potential risk areas in our business and supply chains.
We regularly conduct modern slavery training for our procurement teams and issue guidance to our employees so that they are aware of the issues surrounding modern slavery and what to do if they suspect that it is taking place within our supply chain.
OUR PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
We will know the effectiveness of the steps that we are taking to ensure that slavery and/or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain if:
- reports are received from employees, the public, or law enforcement agencies to indicate that modern slavery practices have been identified.
- the use of grievances mechanisms.
- the level of communication and personal contact with next link in the supply chain.
- the completion of audits.
APPROVAL FOR THIS STATEMENT
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes Ordnance Survey Limited’s slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31/05/2019.
This statement was approved by the Board of Directors in April 2019.